Monday, October 11, 2010

This Is "The Duke"


The Duke, ready to cross the White River
 I confess - I LOVE THE DUKE!  The Duke is my new ride.  I got him late this summer. 
  • He is fun. 
  • His is NOT fast. 
  • His top comes off. 
  • He rattles and rolls. 
  • He is black and green.
  • His lights don't always work.
  • He has a mind of his own. 
  • He is a Suzuki.
  • AND I love him. 
The Senator and the son started saying, "Are we going to take the Sa-zoooook?" 

This past weekend, while staying at The Pines, small girl, Rosie, rode in the "Sa-zoooook." 

She would hear the Senator say to me, "Are you going to take the Sa-zoooook?" 

Early on Monday, she headed outside, preparing to head to town with me.  I was still in the cabin when she came back in and said, "Are we gonna take "The Duke?"

"The Duke?"  I looked at Ma Carlson with a look of wonder. 

It then hit both of us. . . of course.  . . The Duke IS the Sa-zooook!

My dear 1987 Suzuki will forever be named "The Duke."

You will definitely hear more about him.

But in the meantime, here are some shots taken of "The Duke"  on a recent trip to the River Rock Ranch, along the White River.  We crossed the river and did some serious four-wheelin'.




Oh, why not?  Here are a couple of pictures of the son, too.  He's cleaning up in the White River at the River Rock Ranch.

The sun was just setting.  Look at how it is shining on the Badlands in the distance. . . Oh, look at the cute boy, too.


 The Duke. . . more to come. . .


From the range, peace,
Kathleen
The Handy Girl

1 comment: