Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Fort Falls

The Ambassador had his annual Bull Sale over the weekend in Valentine, Nebraska. 
The Senator went down a few days earlier to help him, while
Patrick and I held down the fort at home.

We met up with everybody in Valentine on Friday afternoon. 
We had to travel through the Sandhills of Southern SD/Northeren NE to get there. 
Here is just a quick shot of one of the roads on our travels:

Oh boy!  We traveled on about 20 miles of this stuff.
Sand. Sand. More Sand.
love it.
anywho... 

On Sunday, after the sale, the Senator and I had some business to take care of in Valentine, so I took Patrick and his buddy, Rye-Rye, about four miles out of town
to the

(please check out their web page for more photos and info)

We had been there a buh-guh-zillion times, so both boys knew the lay of the land.
I sent the boys down the trail with Subway sandwiches, a camera, and a cell phone.
Here are the pictures Patrick took on the trail:








Patrick informed me of all the places fossils were found
along that ridge, so I marked them for your info...


That's my boy!  Blazing his own trail!



Up on top of the ridge, beyond the falls,
the boys spotted a couple of the famous
Refuge Buffalo.

It was an exciting moment,
and a great way to end a day of hiking.
I'm so proud of those boys.
They have such a great sense of adventure.
Gee, I wonder where that may have come from ?

from the range, peace,
kathleen
the  handy girl
If time permits,
I'll post more about our weekend in Valentine.
Keep yourself posted now, heh?

No comments:

Post a Comment