Thursday, February 24, 2011

Got Milk?

 The boy now drinks fresh cow's milk.
This is the newest addition to our refrigerator.
Freshly "squeezed" cow's milk.
  Our friend and fellow rancher, Annie, decided Patrick needed to pack on a few pounds, so last week she sent the Senator home with a lovely container of milk.  She had just milked "Bessie." 

   I was a bit skeptical, but deep down, I have always admired AnnieandJerry's big strappin' sons. If Patrick can grow to be anything like them, I'd be more than happy. Annie guarantees fresh cow's milk will put meat on his bones. 

O.K. then bring it on! 
Pour it on!
Gulp it down! 
Get milk! 
Got it!

First, I had to pour off the fresh cream.
AND, not wanting any of it to go to waste. . .

I immediately poured myself a nice bowl of granola,
topping it, of course,
with the FRESH CREAM.
You would do that too, wouldn't you?
You would, I just know you would!
Land Sakes!
As I was slurping it down,
I knew every ounce of that rich, heavy cream
 was going directly to my hips,
AND
I did not care one Eye-OH-Tah!

After all, it was fresh from farm to home.
It was all natural.
There were no preservatives.
Isn't that what we are all striving for?
Who needs Whole Foods Market?
I've got Annie's cow.
(Besides, the nearest Whole Foods Market is about 957 miles from my cottage on the Range.)

AND
It's good for the kid.
I'm sold on this stuff.

Got Milk?
I do.

from the range, peace,
kathleen
the handy girl

No comments:

Post a Comment